by James Jordan / Eugene Corporon -- 2008
A ground-breaking DVD from two recognized leaders!
For the first time, two of America’s most respected conductors—instrumental and choral—enter into a collaboration, using cutting-edge technology to illustrate their teaching principles for learning the basics of conducting technique.
Through insightful masterclass dialogue, unique multi-angle video demonstrations, and state-of-the-art motion capture animation, conductors will be able to study the gesture of both renowned conductors. Revolutionary graphics show the skeletal movement of each conductor in real-time to give conductors an in-depth and accurate picture of body mechanics and architecture. Topics covered on this DVD include:
- Basic conducting patterns in legato and marcato for all basic meters
- Conducting with and without a baton
- Extensive demonstration of preparatory gestures
- Explanation of the architecture of conducting
- Body Mapping principles applied to conducting
- Discussions on Sound Shaping and Sound Morphology
- Unique interactive menu allows conductors to study conducting patterns from several angles
This DVD is a complete tutorial for basic conducting technique as taught and demonstrated by two of America’s master teachers and conductors.
No posts found