Virtual Drumline has made its mark as the industry standard for marching and concert percussion sounds. Composers, percussionists, studio musicians, and educators alike will discover a sonic onslaught of variety in Virtual Drumline, featuring the world champion percussion section of the Santa Clara Vanguard. Using Virtual Drumline along with your favorite music composition software will arm you with an enormous palette of percussive possibilities.
ENDLESS VARIETY AND DETAIL FOR ULTRA REALISM
Virtual Drumline is not just about marching drums. Its huge collection of orchestral, world, effect, drumset, rhythm section, and drumline instruments are programmed with virtually any articulations and playing techniques imaginable. Enhanced multi-sampled velocity layers, attack/release and EQ control, multiple mallet selections, rolls, glissandi, solos and ensembles, and automatic RH/LH alternations are but a few of the powerful features programmed into the VDL instrument collection.
NO SAMPLER REQUIRED!
The entire VDL library integrates seamlessly into Native Instruments' powerful Kontakt Player software (included). There is no need to purchase a separate sampler program. This player is capable of loading up to 64 channels of MIDI in stand-alone mode or can be run as a VSTi, AU, DXi, or RTAS plug-in within various music applications. It is a Universal application compatible with Intel/G5 Macs or Windows and will incorporate seamlessly into Sibelius or Finale, which both come with built-in support for Kontakt Player.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Visit our list of frequently asked questions about Virtual Drumline.
Since Finale (2009 or newer) ships included with a small sub-set of "VDLite" instruments from VDL, you may have already tapped into what it sounds like. There's a whole lot more to be found in the full version of VDL 2.5, though. Click here to see how the full version of VDL compares to what comes with Finale.
WHAT'S NEW IN VDL 2.5
- Now integrated into Native Instruments’ powerful Kontakt Player 2 engine
- Universal application for Mac-Intel speed and compatibility
- Load up to 64 channels in stand-alone mode
- Save multi’s for easy loading of projects
- Host VDL instruments alongside other Kontakt Player 2 formatted libraries in the same player
- New instruments – steel drum orchestra (lead pan, double seconds, triple guitar, 6-piece bass pan set), rhythm section (piano, guitar, bass guitar), waterphone, showband single tenors, swish knockers, typewriter
- Instrument Bank support
- Enhanced velocity control for more natural accent/tap sensitivity
- More specialized controls for enhanced customization on each instrument (EQ control, attack/release control, Auxilliary send levels)
- Monitor Mod-Wheel or Keyswitch settings onscreen
- Much improved DFD (direct from disc) streaming functionality
- Unlimited polyphony
- Rack view and minimized view
- Integrated effects
- Searchable electronic documentation
- New NI Service Center application to manage activations and updates
Chimes with Sustain Pedal Control
Glockenspiels & Crotales
Vibes with Sustain Pedal Control
Whistles and Bird Calls (in Effects)
KEY TO TERMS:
- (KS) - Instrument contains Keyswitch functions
- (MW) - Instrument contains special features controlled by Mod-Wheel
- (AutoRL) - Instrument uses "Auto Right/Left" feature to automatically rotate between right and left handed strokes
- (PED) - Instrument may be controlled via standard sustain pedal
- Manual - Instrument allows manual user-control over right and left-hand strokes
- LITE - Instrument is streamlined to help conserve system resources
No posts found